If you’re looking for an easy way to improve your digital marketing strategy while keeping the costs down, we recommend driving shoppers to your website by using pay per click...
The use of emojis is a great way to personalize your business promotions and with World Emoji Day (July 17) just around the corner, it would be beneficial for you to learn how to incorporate these visually attractive icons as a means of brand communication. Chances are that your target marketing communicates using emojis as a way to cut down words and convey their emotions on various social media platforms. So, why haven’t you started using them to convey a richer understanding of your products and services?
What is emoji marketing?
Emoji marketing is a visual engagement tool that can be used within your professional digital marketing strategy to drive social engagement in a way that impacts each consumer differently. While innovative brands likely already have experience using graphics and copy to creative inviting advertising, emoji marketing is a fairly new concept that has managed to bridge the gap between assorted demographics.
Emojis, also known as emoticons, are cute, cartoon pictures that convey more information in a single character than an entire sentence of copy. However, the best part about emojis is their capability to portray intent and mood (ex. puns, jokes, or realism). Nevertheless, if you’ve been looking for ways to give your brand a friendly, humanistic element, emoji marketing could present a more favourable way to be broadcasting your message.
What are the benefits of marketing with emojis
Before we skip to how emoji marketing can further the professional development of your digital marketing strategy you will need to decide which platforms would best connect to your audience. Aside from ensuring that emojis are supported, you will need to brainstorm how to effectively promote them so that they promote shareability among consumers.
Benefits that come from effective emoji marketing:
- Works as a fun way of promoting a brand, product, or service.
- Personally interact with each consumer.
- The information or message is perceived in different ways.
- Sometimes nonverbal information can be processed differently.
- Works to provide a more emotional form of communication.
- Increases user engagement.
Tips to consider in your next emoji marketing campaign
The use of emojis in your professional digital marketing strategy requires finding the right balance between the marketing message, the intent of the advertisement, and the emotion you’re attempting to portray. It’s always best to use emojis to convey something that you want to be memorable or stir emotion with your audience.
Here are some things that need to be considered first:
- Research your audience: Not every demographic perceives emojis marketing the same, so you will want to select emoticons that fit the right persona for your brand. Be sure that there are no alternative meanings for the emojis you’ve used before integrating them within the message.
- Context and relevance are everything: Ask yourself, “Will my target audience understand the intent of this message, does it resonate with their needs and lifestyle, and will they express interest.”
- Use emojis in moderation: It can be easy to get carried away by using too many emojis in your marketing message, so be sure to not go overboard by creating a cryptic message that may be overlooked.
What did you learn about emoji marketing and how it works with your professional digital marketing strategy? Drop a comment below to start a conversation.