Proficient writers are always looking for ways to expand their skills and those who’re designated composition tasks for e-commerce businesses need actionable writing techniques if they’re going to gain the...
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a digital marketing practice that enhances a search query for a website or page’s ranking order by improving its visibility on popular search engines like Google or Bing. Since the number one goal of SEO is to improve the user experience, this practice allows search engines to display the most relevant topics, products, and services based on the searched keywords. That said, if you want to take your website to the next level it’s important to employ the correct style of writing to achieve your desired results.
What is SEO content writing?
Based on the explanation of how SEO works in the introduction above, it’s easy to see how SEO content writing plays a key role in where a page or website will be positioned. When users are on the hunt for specific information, they enter their queries into the search engine hoping to find places where their questions will be answered, problems will be solved, or where they can be entertained or educated on a specific subject. Creating high-quality, key-word focused content that ranks well in these search engines will help to generate organic traffic to the desired website or page.
What is SEO copywriting?
On the contrary, SEO copywriting is slightly different than SEO content writing. While it’s capable of doing many of the same things, the primary difference is that SEO copywriting is used to convert traffic into leads and sales.
While the two types of strategic writing often have the same result, listed below are some examples of how you can distinguish between them:
- SEO content writing gets the page found, whereas SEO copywriting explains it in more professional detail.
- SEO content writing is sometimes repetitive to get a higher ranking, whereas SEO copywriting is higher quality.
- SEO content writing drives the search intent based on keywords, whereas SEO copywriting distinctively expands on the website’s page, service, or product information.
How do you hire someone to handle both SEO content writing and SEO copywriting?
The truth is, depending on the needs of your project, you may want to hire an SEO specialist to manage your organic traffic needs and a copywriter separately to use keywords to write optimized content. While an SEO specialist understands search engines and knows how to write relevant copy that drives clicks, attracts backlinks, and directs users to an internal page, they aren’t always the most effective when it comes to writing content with an intent to drive conversions, which is why it’s essential to have both people collaborating to find the best success.
What do SEO specialists do:
- Increase keyword rankings
- Drive clicks from search engine results pages (SERPS)
- Attract high-authority backlinks
- Convert visitors into buyers or leads
What do copywriters do:
- Write SEO-friendly blog posts using keywords
- Write SEO-friendly service pages using keywords
- Handle SEO business content
- PPC landing pages
- Link-building content
- Provide guests posts
Did you learn anything new after reading our blog above? Please share the information in the comment section below.