Search engine optimization is a dynamic field that continues to evolve with the changing landscape of the internet. As new algorithmic updates are released and user behavior changes with the...
The bio section of your Instagram page is comparable to a cover letter. With limited character space to introduce yourself and your business, it’s important to utilize this space to convey your value. But what details should be included? Instead of writing what comes to mind, why not be strategic and level up by using the following Instagram bio ideas to ensure that you make a lasting impression?
What’s an Instagram bio?
An Instagram bio is the text section that sits directly beneath your profile picture. Users use this space to describe the contents of their page, business or personal.
The following information is often included:
- Their display name (business or personal)
- Pronounce (she/her, he/him, they/them)
- Page category
- 150-character description
- One external link
- Contact information
As the first touch for your new and returning visitors, your Instagram bio is the area where users communicate who they are and what they offer.
What makes a good Instagram bio?
A good Instagram bio has the power to attract new followers or encourage them to “tap” away. With only 150 characters to set the stage, you must keep this area short, sweet, and informative. That said, this space also offers an opportunity to take action by attracting users to click through to your website or your personalized and branded hashtag.
8 Instagram bio ideas
It’s time to learn what it takes to create a killer Instagram bio! Listed below are eight tactics that will help to make your business (or you) stand out from the crowd:
- Share your story: Think of your bio as a 150-character sales pitch. This space needs to be used to speak to your target audience and detail your business story or personal journey.
- Include targeted keywords in the name field: Did you know that the name field in your Instagram is separate from your username and can be used as a valuable SEO tactic? When users search on Instagram, you can improve your visibility by utilizing this section to appear higher on the app.
- Use a link: Instagram allows one external link, so be strategic when using it. This could link users back to your website or a specific landing page.
- Add an actionable button: Action drives engagement. This is your opportunity to offer a promo or resource that may be of interest to your customers.
- Share your contact information: While DMs are a great way to contact someone, email and phone number can often be quicker methods. Be sure to include this on your Instagram bio.
- Choose high-quality, relevant profile pictures: When it comes to social branding, your profile picture is what authenticates you. This is a great spot to add a company logo or a good shot of you doing what you do.
- Tag related accounts and add your branded hashtag: Hashtags are the powerhouse of Instagram, so if you can come up with something unique to attribute to your business or brand, your Instagram bio is the place to put it.
- Utilize Instagram stories’ highlights: Since highlights appear directly below your Instagram bio, they’re almost an extension of it. Show off your personality and spotlight your community and create something catchy.
Trek Marketing’s social media marketing service includes Instagram. Are you ready to get started?
Do you have more Instagram bio ideas? Drop a comment below to share with our readers.