How often businesses post or share on Instagram is entirely dependent on what their company goals are. While a good rule of thumb is to schedule a post to publish at least once a day on average—with some added time needed to respond or like the comments—there are many other elements that should be considered when you’re in charge of managing this trendy social channel. For example: Is your business hoping to increase its following? Is having a high engagement rate the most important to your brand? How about meaningful content over sales-based content? The blog below offers businesses an opportunity to better understand Instagram’s influential platform by sharing in-depth insights that will better assist entrepreneurs that manage their social media.
What’s Instagram and why do businesses need it?
Arguably the most popular form of social media, Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social networking platform that’s designed to only be used as a smartphone app. Founded in 2010 and recently acquired by Facebook Inc., the app allows its users to upload media, add filters and edits, and then organize them via hashtags and geographical tagging.
If you don’t already have an Instagram account for your business, continue reading to learn about the benefits below:
- Instagram has a huge audience: With so many eyeballs on the platform each day, it’s important for businesses to strategize their online presence.
- Businesses of all sizes thrive on Instagram: While well-known brands have a thriving presence, small businesses can also reach their target audience by keeping an active presence and maintaining a practical posting schedule.
- Businesses can make money directly from Instagram: Having evolved from on-platform e-commerce sales, Instagram allows users to shop and purchase directly from brands through Instagram.
- Businesses can relate to the consumer via the Instagram stories feature: Photos and videos are a fantastic opportunity to show potential customers that your products and services deserve a lasting impression. Be sure to include behind-the-scenes insights like employees’ packaging orders.
- Businesses can effectively engage with customers: The Instagram platform allows users to like, comment on, and share their favourite posts—it’s safe to say that the more interactions that are happening on your post, the more visible your company becomes. Be sure to engage with your growing audience by answering their comment and story questions.
If there’s anything that ties the above benefits together, it’s that more people are paying attention to Instagram than ever before, and you’re ignoring millions of potential customers by being a business that does not effectively manage social media on Instagram. We employ you to take the tips you learned here and use them to build your online presence or hire an agency that can help your business grow via Instagram—start with just one post a day and see where things go!
Are you a huge fan of Instagram? If so, what’s your favourite feature?
Alex Wilks has been working as a copywriter and digital marketing strategist since 2018, with added specialties in social media and email marketing. With a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and Communication, she is a natural content writer with the ability to connect well with her target audience.