Search engine optimization is a dynamic field that continues to evolve with the changing landscape of the internet. As new algorithmic updates are released and user behavior changes with the...
Not only do the majority of shoppers prefer to peruse and purchase via online but many are also making use of their mobile devices to shop, click, and buy. This is one of the reasons that mobile marketing platforms are on the rise, adapting to a more modern way for businesses to engage with their customers. Since most people have access to a smartphone, this marketing technique can and will continue to reach a wider audience with little effort. Here’s how!
What’s SMS marketing?
Short Message Service Marketing (SMS marketing) has quickly become one of the most popular marketing techniques. This strategy allows businesses to make use of texting to communicate with their customers by offering updates, reminders, and deals.
There are two forms of SMS marketing: One-way communication is when businesses send their updates to the customer without the need for a response, whereas two-way communication is when businesses and customers respond back-and-forth to queries.
Key features of SMS marketing
Online shoppers prefer to handle advertisements at their convenience, which is why SMS marketing campaigns will continue to hold a lot of value for businesses.
SMS marketing is:
- Cost-effective: Similar to email marketing, SMS marketing campaigns are very cost-effective and hold the power to supercharge sales and boost conversion rates among targeted shoppers. This is because customers can unsubscribe at any time, leaving those that remain genuinely interested in the ads.
- High read rate: Unlike blogs where users need to seek out the material, SMS marketing campaigns are sent directly to the user’s life line… their smartphone. While they may not read your message right away, the notification on their screen will remind them to read it at some point.
- Preferred by customers: No one like in-your-face advertising, like the ads you can’t skip over before watching your desired video on YouTube. SMS marketing campaigns keep the interactions quick, efficient, and to the point.
- Easy to plan and execute: There is not a lot involved for businesses who want to send SMS messages, making it a good, budget-friendly way for first-time business owners to get the word out about new products or sales. However, there are SMS marketing services that cater to other elements of your campaigns, such as content, design, time of day, etc. often giving the best results due to their knowledge of SMS strategy.
- Quick to launch: Unlike email marketing where a template needs to be developed, SMS marketing is easy to set up. All you need to do is import your list of numbers and start planning the messages you want to send.
- Analytics offers loads of insight: Since SMS marketing is sent through a direct mobile marketing platform, you can easily track the success of your ads by looking at the deliveries, conversion rates, and responses that are kept recorded in your reports.
To answer the question, “Is there a future for SMS marketing”, our response would be, “absolutely!” SMS marketing services are growing because customers prefer to text and businesses can reach their audience within seconds.
Are you ready to try out Trek Marketing’s SMS marketing service? Drop a comment below to get in touch with a team member to get started.