Social media engagement is what drives social media marketing. While most brands want more engagement on their social posts, they don’t always know how to revamp their strategies to feed algorithms, which is why they go unnoticed. That said, the more engaged your audience is, the more that other people will see your posts and the better you’ll achieve those social media goals. Let’s dive into the world of social media engagement to learn more about understanding it and how to increase it.
What is social media engagement?
Social media engagement is a term that’s used to measure how much your audience interacts with your content. While it varies by platform, these actions include likes, comments, and shares. Although it’s easy to compare social media engagement month over month and year over year, this is a great way to identify what is working and what needs improvement.
Tips for increasing your social media engagement
If you’re in the realm of needing improvement, here are some ways to get started:
- Set some new goals based on your metrics: Whether you use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn, your social media metrics offer information on whether your social strategy is working well or not. Set clear engagement goals so that you know what to focus your content efforts on. This can be done by seeing how many people interact with your posts on average.
- Understand each platform: Each platform has its own metrics and trends, so this will require you to adjust your social media engagement strategy accordingly.
- Know your audience: The key to improving your social media engagement is understanding your target audience. Since your brand is making content for a particular audience, always keep them in mind when deciding what to share on your social channels.
- Understand what makes an engaging post: Since every network is a little different, be sure to pay attention to what content does well on each platform. Check your analytics regularly to identify how your posts are performing with your audience.
- Know when to post: The best time to post is when your audience is the most engaging. Knowing how often to post is equally as important because you don’t want to flood your audience with too much content. In our opinion, once a day in the morning, early afternoon, or evening is appropriate. Try them all to compare what offers you more social media engagement.
We hope this blog taught you a bit about how to better engage with your followers on social media through strategy.
What other ways do you interact with your audience? Drop a comment below.