One of the best elements of social media, aside from the vast amounts of useful and share-worthy information, is the astounding volume of visual content. While there are many sensory perceptions that are stimulated when we scroll through our social media channels, the field of visual recognition is the most powerful by far. So, if you’re a business owner trying to gain social media influence or a designer creating stimulating graphics, it’s paramount to have effective visual content to reach out to your target audience.
Social media marketing graphics
Graphic design is probably one of the most important parts of your content strategy, because no matter how thought-provoking and moving your text is, if the graphic isn’t mind-blowing, how motivated will your audience be to tune into what you have to say? After all, the noteworthy quote is that “a picture is worth a thousand words”, so, how can you compete with this age-old tradition?
Vibrant graphics allow your company to tell a story without relying on words to convey a particular meaning. This means that when you’re on the hunt to revamp your social media marketing strategy, a designer has the power to utilize visual materials, based on your business model and marketing strategy, to draw in an intuitive audience and increase your social media influence. Not only does a graphic designer know how to use colors and typography to create an impactful image, but they also know how to navigate the graphics across professional and more relaxed social channels.
What types of visual content can you work with?
Did you know that there is an array of visual content that you can use to boost your social media influence? Here is a list to start:
- Graphics: illustrations or visual graphs that stand out on social media feeds.
- Photos: Using creative angles and photoshop to create something unique.
- Videos: People are very engaged by videos, especially while out on-the-go.
- Animations: Relatively new, but an incredibly powerful way to grab your follower’s attention.
- Quote images: This innovative visual combines the best of both worlds, text and shareable images.
What are some things to keep in mind?
Although it’s always best to hire a graphic designer when you’re on the hunt for professional visual content, if you’re wanting to take a stab at mastering graphics on your own, here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Understand colour: Read up on colour theory and how different hues have the ability to affect moods and emotions.
- Understand contrast: This refers to how the colour, size, texture, shape and layout work together.
- Understand typography: Font and structure of the visual content is an essential elemental detail to any graphic.
Do you have any other visual design techniques that have the power to increase your social media influence? Drop a comment below to share with our readers.