Online visibility is one of the most important ways to achieve high sales and conversions and the measurability requires a strong online presence so that consumers can find, learn, and purchase from your e-commerce business. While there are many ways to get noticed on the wide web, SEO keywords research should be a huge part of your digital marketing strategy.
How do keywords relate to digital marketing?
When consumers enter a query into a search engine like Google or Bing, they type in words or phrases to guide their search. These are referred to as “keywords” and in terms of organic content, whichever websites can best encompass what the user is looking for will pop up as an option for them to click.
*Keep in mind that sponsored ads purchase their placement and will always appear at the top, regardless of how well they match your query.
While this may sound simple enough, search engines use complicated algorithms to assist users with their search results, and there are a wide variety of factors (ex. website credibility, publishing activity, and keywords used) that determine where a website is placed.
How do you know which keywords to use:
- Top keywords are terms that users will search for
- Relevant keywords should have a connection to your brand
- It’s important to sprinkle keywords seamlessly by integrating them into all types of content
We recommend working alongside a Search Engine Optimization expert to assist in your SEO keywords research that you know which terms to focus on and so that you can begin using them strategically throughout your digital marketing content.
Are there different types of keywords?
Yes! There are three types of keywords.
- Short-tail keywords usually consist of one or two words. These terms are broad and have a high search volume.
- Middle-tail keywords consist of three to four words and are more specific but might have a lower search volume.
- Long-tail keywords consist of four or more words and due to their specificity, the search volume is so low it might only target niche consumers.
While it may seem more strategic to opt for keywords that have the highest volume of searches, the best digital marketing strategies use a mixture of types of keywords to ensure they have the highest chance of converting visitors.
Tips to researching the best keywords for your content strategy
While there are many SEO keywords research tools available, here are some tips to get you started:
- Brainstorm ideas: What words do you think that your target audience are searching for to find a company like yours? Write down what comes to mind.
- Organize your list: Separate your keywords into categories to keep everything organized.
- Research trending terms: Enter one of your brainstormed ideas into a search engine and then scroll down to look for related searches. These terms might be relevant queries for your target customer and possibly some phrases that are advertised by your competition.
How to add keywords to your digital marketing content
A successful digital marketing strategy requires finding keywords and effectively using them. Since keywords are one of the main resources bringing consumers to your website, it’s important that your content be well-written and easy to read.
Aside from content pages and product descriptions, blog posts are another great way to strategically place keywords throughout your website. Just be sure that you add new blog submissions regularly and use the words naturally throughout the posts to achieve a higher organic search ranking.
That said, here are some other ways to slip keywords into your content:
- The titled
- Photo captions
- Image file names
- The URL of the post
- Within the first sentence
- Within the final paragraph
Do you have any further questions about SEO keywords research and how to implement the terms? Drop a comment below to share with our readers.